Buddy Tape is an innovative tape for budding and grafting devised with a unique formulation and properties to allow easy and rapid application, reduced labour costs,and high success rates inthe crop.
This unique product was developed in Japan in 1985 and has been used throughout Europe and North America for the last fifteen years.
Please choose the size.
30mm * 30m No.2725 2,300YEN
25mm * 30m No.27251 2,100YEN
30mm * 30m with perforation No.2728 2,500YEN
25mm * 30m with perforation No.27281 2,300YEN
The unique properties of Buddy Tape allow:
• BIODEGRADABILITY : The tape biodegrades naturally in exposure to sunlight, eliminating labour costs necessary to cut awaystandard tapes after use, and providing an environmentally responsible answer to the problem of waste.
• ELASTICITY : Buddy Tape can be stretched to upto eight times its’ original length. The elastic nature of the material allows small pieces to be used for the application, and ensures an extremely tight grip on the bud or graft to keep it firmly in place, as is necessary to allow successful growth. Elasticity also means the tape expands as the plant grows, avoiding cutting into the plant which is a commonproblem with standard budding and grafting tapes.
• SELF-ADHESION : Buddy Tape is not adhesive in its’ normal stored form, but becomes self-adhesive when stretched. This allows quick application with no need for tying knots, and combined with the firm seal created by the film’s elastic nature,means that the bud or graft is kept in place even in windy conditions.
• WATER-PROOFING : The film has a wax content to keep it waterproof, so the bud or graft will not dehydrate, but air can pass through the permeable tape allowing the bud to breathe. The wax content also means that use of Buddy Tape can eliminate the need for waxing in covered areas.
• COMPLETE BUD COVER : Buddy Tape is pierced by the bud as it begins to grow, and because the permeable nature of the material allows the bud to breath, the bud can be completely covered. This provides protection from infection and insects.